Frequently Asked Questions
Your Assigned Administrative Law Judge
Research Procedures, Rules and Statutes Affecting Your Case
Research Your Case (PORTAL)
Search Administrative Law Judge Decisions
Public Records Requests
Links to Agency Websites
Model Forms (e.g. Subpoenas; Notice of Appearance; Notice of Action in Judicial Appeals)
Web Based Electronic Records
Certifications of Record on Appeal
The OAH Portal
Important information. Please read this first.The OAH portal allows you to find case information and view documents. When you enter the Matter Id, you will be directed to a general screen for the case. You may then select either "Events" to view case information, or "Documents" to download and view orders, scanned documents, and audio files.
The following types of cases are not viewable through the portal because Arizona Statute has rendered them confidential:
- Department of Child Safety - Matter id ends with " -DCS"
- Special Education cases (Department of Education)- Matter id ends with "-ADE" and contains the letters "DP" in the second sequence of numbers (eg 01C - DP - ADE)
- Indigent health care (AHCCCS) - Matter id ends with "-AHC"
- Indigent mental health care (Department of Health Services) Matter id ends with "-DHS" and contains the letters "BHS" in the second sequence of numbers (eg 01C - BHS0000 - DHS)
- Revenue (Department of Revenue) Matter id ends with "-REV"
- Insurance (Department of Insurance) Matter id begins with a number sequence ending with a "C", such as "00C", "99C" etc.
- Board of Fingerprinting - Matter id ends with "BOF."
Digital Audio Records (Note: limited retention; Records available for previous 3 years only):
To listen to a digital recording of the hearing (designated by the note "dss" in the documents section in a case), download these two programs in this order:
- 1. DssLite (choose open when prompted to download to your computer );
- 2. Registry fix (persons who have previously used the DssLite and who are now experiencing problems need only install this fix.
Digital files are found in the "documents" section of a case and are available the next business day after creation. Digital audio records that are more than 3 years old are not available pursuant to OAH's retention schedule.
Finding a Case on the Portal
There are three ways to search for a case: (1) Matter ID; (2) Description; and (3) Client Sort. For useful hints about how to use these methods, click on the links below:
General Log On:
- USE the Login Name : gen
- Use the password: general (all lower case)